Friday, November 16, 2007


i suspect the auntie that sells wonton noodles in biz canteen thinks that I'm not a chinese or something.
I hear her asking everyone in Mandarin, "来!后面!" and the person will shout for his order.
When it was my turn, I said, "肉辍面! 不要辣!"
Nothing weird. Then you sorta move over to another side to wait for your food.
I mean, auntie's first language is definitely Mandarin - which was what she used to talk to the Chinese. But when it was my turn, she asked me in ENGLISH (im disturbed) to double check my order again. So i repeated my order and she said, "Takeaway?"
"No."
"One dollar eighty cents.."
and she turned to another and made a wild guess, "你叫云吞面?”
I'm 华人 leh! Why speak to me in English??
oh. and yesterday I had the most embarrassing moment ever.
Christina, Zj and me were having our routine lunch @ arts and zj brought a friend who joined us. Apparently, I completely forgot his existence (i dunno why), and when he arrived to our table with his food on the table, I told him,
"err... sorry but this seat is taken." (YES LAUGH NOW)

And he gave me a smiling yet blur look. And stood there. SOoO... i thought he couldn't understand what i was saying.....I....translated in Chinese for him. (laugh summore)

Still, he gave me the same look. But then he decided to move and I watched him carry his food away and twirl around the place (looking for zj i believe *smacks head*). Which was the time when i suddenly came to realise that yes, zj brought a friend to join us for lunch. OMG issit him!? Panic struck and I rushed to look for Christina to ask what colour zj's friend's shirt was wearing and she told me the colour which i dread the most at that point in time - black. I could not believe the situation I was in. *dropped jaws*

Cut story short, I ran back to find him gone and zj had to call him to ask him to come back. (dunno where he fly to with his plate of food!!) I have never seen Christina and zj eat their lunch grinning so much as if it was super duper delicious or if they striked 4D before in my entire time with them. So overwhelmed with guilt and embarrassment. Totally overwhelmed. Find me a hole to bury my face please. *smacks head*


pitter. patter. 10:42:00 PM